Select a Service
seAp provides the following
services in your area.
Your feedback...Click here to contact us
The Royal Assocation for Deaf People (RAD) works in partnership with seAp to provide accessible services for our clients in a number of areas.
Please select your Local Authority above to check if the service is offered in your area.
RAD promotes equality for Deaf people through the provision of accessible services. We have been working with Sign Language users and promoting Deaf people’s rights since 1841.
We provide advocacy in a client’s first or preferred language; British Sign Language (BSL) or other preferred visual communication such as Signed Supported English (SSE), Makaton, or Deafblind manual/hands on, and not through interpretation.
All our Advocates are Deaf themselves or fluent in BSL and are able to adjust their communication to meet the needs of the people we work with.
There are many ways advocacy can support you:
- Making a complaint about any NHS service which you are unhappy with. This includes dentists, GPs, Walk-in services and Hospitals. (IHCA - Independent Health Complaints Advocacy).
- Supporting you to be involved in decisions made about your care and support. (ICAA - Care Act advocacy).
- Making a complaint about a Social Care service, which you are unhappy with. (ISCA - Independent Social Care Complaints Advocacy).
- Understanding your rights under the Mental Health Act (IMHA - Independent Mental Health Advocacy).
- Supporting and representing you during a Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards (DoLS) process and safeguarding your rights. (RPR - Relevant Person’s Representative)
- Supporting you if you have been a victim of crime, antisocial behaviour or domestic abuse or at risk of becoming homeless.
- Working with parents during custodial or safeguarding proceedings.
- Empowering Children to share their views, aspirations and wishes, making sure their voice is heard.
Please check the advocacy provision in your area to find out how we may be able to support you.
RAD is proud to have achieved the Advocacy Quality Performance Mark and works within the Advocacy Code of Practice.
For more information about RAD’s advocacy services, contact email@example.com SMS: 07749965727
or contact your local seAp team.
This service is provided by seAp in the following local authority areas: