Draft Care and Support Bill published
The Department of Health has published the ‘Caring for our future: reforming care and support’ White Paper, which sets out the vision for a reformed care and support system. The proposals aim to:
- Put the individual’s well-being at the heart of the process.
- Help people to stay independent for as long as possible.
- Bring about greater national consistency in access to care and support
- Ensure better information is provided to help people make choices and have control over their care.
- Improve the quality of care and support
- Ensure a more concise legal framework for social care in the UK.
You can read the White Paper here. (Easy-read version available)
The Department of Health are seeking people's views on the draft Bill. You can comment here.
Eight factsheets have been produced to help explain the key topics covered by the draft Care and Support Bill.