Select a Service
seAp provides the following
services in your area.
Your feedback...Click here to contact us
Victims of Crime
The service was launched in April 2015.
AVoice provides free, independent and confidential advocacy to anyone over the age of 18 who live in one of the following areas:
- Bath and North East Somerset
- South Gloucestershire
- North Somerset
AVoice can work with people who have:
- learning disabilities
- issues with their mental health
- physical disabilities
- become a victim because of their age, race, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion or belief.
Our team of AVoice advocates can:
- help them to understand the criminal justice process and their rights within it
- assist them to access services to help them cope and recover from the crime
- explore their options with them and support their decision-making
- help them to get practical help from other agencies by working with them on their behalf
- help them to make informed decisions by offering guidance and information
- listen to them and ensure they get their voice heard.
AVoice will also advocate for victims of crime and antisocial behaviour who have not reported it to the police.
In October 2014, the Ministry of Justice transferred responsibility for commissioning local victim services in Avon and Somerset to the Police and Crime Commissioner, Sue Mountstevens.
From April 2015, victims of crime and antisocial behaviour have been benefiting from enhanced help and support with newly commissioned services. The new services offered across Avon and Somerset include Lighthouse integrated victim and witness care, an emotional support service - including listening, advice and emergency grants - an adults’ advocacy service, a young persons' advocacy service, independent sexual violence advisors and a modern slavery support service.
How to contact AVoice
Individuals, their family and friends and referring organisations can contact AVoice by telephone or e-mail.
Freephone number: 0800 254 0777
This service is provided by seAp in the following local authority areas: