Data Protection Statement
seAp is registered under the Data Protection Act 1998 (Registration No. Z9231372).
We aim to treat all information and data we receive in a way that shows respect for our clients.
Under our Data Protection Policy, we agree that:
- All information obtained will be relevant to the objective of the service.
- No personal information will be revealed to a third party without gaining your consent in advance. The only grounds for revealing such information without your consent would be in criminal, national security or life-threatening situations.
- All records and files will be secured in a safe place.
- All computerised records, emails and any other information will be protected by minimum strength passwords, anti-virus, anti-spyware, firewall software. Laptops used within the organisation are also encrypted.
Retention policy on clients over 18 years of age: All evidence of your details will be destroyed 18 months after the case has closed.
Retention policy for clients under 18 years of age: If your case is closed, all evidence of your details will be destroyed 18 months after your 18th birthday.
We will keep all of your electronic records in line with our retention policy. If you require your electronic records to be returned, a formal request must be made.
To read our full Data Protection Policy click here.
Requests for information
You have the right to request to see any information that we hold about you.
We can refuse a request for information. If we do, the reasons for this will be fully explained to you.
If you wish to make a request, please contact us to request a Data Access Subject Request form. A fee of up to £10 is chargeable for such information and up to £50 if the file contains health records.
We will respond within 40 days to your request. The response will include:
- Why the data has been held.
- Who has had access to this information.
- A copy of the data.
- Any information regarding the data’s original source.
Read our full Subject Access Request Procedure and Guidelines.